Since we’ve been home, life has been kind of a whirlwind. The boys are still dealing with jet-lag, which means mommy and daddy are up at 4am (sigh). We discovered when we got to Nana’s that the travel crib we purchased in December last year was already too small for Bennett, which meant no sleep that night and a trip to Target for me the next day (No Complaints about that :-). Second night, I walked in to Charlie’s room to find him wandering around getting into EVERYTHING in the spare bedroom. Sooo, off to Target I went AGAIN to buy an actual crib for Nana’s house. To date, we own 6 travel cribs and 1 extra crib, that are pretty much scattered all over the world!
Anyhow, throughout this trip home, I’ve discovered some items that have made my life a whole lot easier, so I thought I’d share them with you 🙂
1. THRIVE MARKET – We try our hardest to eat clean 95% of the time! When you’re traveling, staying with family or friends, or going on vacation, this can be extremely difficult! Before we arrived, I purchased some of the staple pantry items (Coconut Oil, Paleo baking powder, Ghee, Crunchy Almond Butter, Goji Berries…) to keep at both my parents and Tony’s parents house. Thrive Market is a great online resource for food that is made of REAL ingredients, environmentally friendly, reasonably priced, and delicious! All of their food products are Non GMO, and in short, they are basically simplifying the supply chain to get you the products you value for an actual value & they deliver :-). HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
2. TODDLER RECIPES – Both of these recipes my boys LOVE! I made them before we left England and packed them in our carry on. I froze half of the muffins, and left half de-thawed, so my boys had meals on the plane. When we arrived at Nana’s, I put the frozen muffins in the refrigerator and had their breakfast and lunch meals already prepared for the rest of the week! These recipes are filling and hearty; usually my boys eat 1.5 each.
Meatloaf Cupcakes w/ Sweet Potato Frosting:
3. TODDLER TOYS – Charlie is turning 2 on August 22 & Bennett is turning 1 on September 10! I can’t believe how time flies! I ordered some of these toys for the plane (The Shape Cube below and the Numbers book) and these toys were lifesavers! This cube kept Charlie entertained for hours! He’s just gotten very interested in books, so really any book would occupy him, but he liked that this book had pictures he could identify and numbers that he’s just now learning. This little Harley Bike is a perfect trainer bike and also has petals for when his little legs get longer 🙂 He’s obsessed! He rides it in the house and up and down the driveway…
These little bath toys below (the boat and the letters) both the boys have really enjoyed over ALL of the other 500 bath toys they’ve got 🙂 Who knows why?! The Fat Brain toys really are something a little different than a lot of other toy brands. My boys are always very entertained by the colors & whatever they do (stack/spin/roll…) plus they are well made and pretty!
4. NUT PODS (CREAMER) – This is the best substitute creamer I’ve EVER had in my coffee! I typically drink black coffee unless I can find fresh cream, which is all over England. My cream came from the farmer down the street and it was so fresh! In the US, I planned on going back to black coffee until I found this little gem! It makes your coffee so creamy & yummy!
5. WORKOUT HEADBAND – If you sweat A TON like I do when I do any kind of workout, you need these headbands! They hold back all the wispy hairs and keep sweat from dripping in your eyes. I have about 20 and will not workout without them!
6. DAILY DEVOTIONAL – This devotional is just a great way to start your day 🙂 I read this every morning with my coffee either with the boys or if I happen to be lucky enough to wake up before them, I read peacefully by myself!
7. ABERCROMBIE PURCHASES – I’ve had so many people ask me where I purchased both of these dresses I got on sale at Abercrombie. They are SO COMFORTABLE! The material is super super soft, they come in a variety of colors, and they are so low maintenance. They come out of the dryer with zero wrinkles and they don’t shrink. I tagged these shorts as well b/c I’ve had such a hard time finding white shorts that are long enough and don’t cut into my waist. I’m loving these right now and they’re only $22.99 ( A STEAL!)
8. BENNETT’S BAPTISM OUTFIT – Bennett is getting Baptized on the 12th of this month, so I purchased these cute little rompers off of Etsy for both the boys. This little shop, Soda City Sewing, did Charlie’s outfit last year and it turned out so cute. She is SO easy to work with and everything she’s done for us is such great quality.
9. TELETIES – These little hair ties are perfect 🙂 Not too tight, cute colors, and no creases in your hair!
10. EYEVAGE – I’ve been using this eye cream for 2 weeks and I swear I already see a difference in some of the fine lines around my eyes! I’ve tried a million and a half eye creams and this one is hands down the fastest working I’ve ever bought. VERY excited about this purchase!